September 4, 2012 in Life
First’s'es – In No Particular Order
1. First’s'es – I majored in English, but the rules of grammar have escaped me, so today we are going with First’s'es.
1. School- Two weeks ago, DeanO and Sissy started school; third grade and first grade. Today, we left early to drop off Monkey, who will be attending pre-school two days a week. Children are always better behaved for others, but just in case, let’s all say a prayer for his teacher. She will undoubtedly see his grumpy old man attitude at some point in the next few weeks.
1. Warrior Poses – DeanO wanted to be photographed on the first day of school looking like a warrior ready for the battle. I think he’s on to something.
1. Empty House – For the first time ever all of my children are in school. I really thought that this day might never come. Up until the end of last year, I thought I would have quite a few more years of babies and toddlers. Last November, we were very surprised to learn that I was pregnant. But just as quickly as we found out, we learned that we had lost the baby. We also thought it would be a possibility to adopt the little boy we had placed with us for over two years, but he returned home with his parents last month. For a short period of time, it looked like we could have five children by the time school started. Now I am sitting here alone in the house writing a blog post. Weird Stuff. While it does make me sad, I also am excited to start this new season in my life.
1. Restarting a Career – Next month will be the one year anniversary of this blog. A lot has changed here. I focused on crafts, and handmade items when I first started. Once I purchased a camera at the end of last year, I started practicing photography and used the pictures for blog posts. I have a lot of previous experience with photography from college and my first job, but I had not pursued it much since having kids. Now, I have launched a photography and graphic design business and I have the freedom to set my own schedule and work from home.
1. Ice Cream – I will be eating a bowl of ice cream as soon as I am done with this post. For my lunch. Because I can. You see, there is no one here to hide it from, there is no one here to ask for some. There is no one here to discourage me from indulging. I am celebrating the mother-of-school-aged-kids season. And it’s looking mighty fun!